Starting immediately, OCBC is accepting applications for a Volunteer Coordinator. If you (or someone you know) enjoy working with people, bicycles, and would like to be part of our goals to revamp, improve, and expand our volunteer system at OCBC, please read on!
- Develop OCBC’s existing volunteering program, improving recruitment, retention, and utilization of volunteers;
- Engage volunteers in educational and rewarding work while ensuring necessary tasks are completed competently and efficiently;
- Manage volunteer database and communications;
- Work with existing Key Volunteer committee to develop and improve consistent volunteer incentive programs;
- Organize/help staff off-site events along with volunteers;
- Work collaboratively with other staff and Board of Trustees to achieve organizational goals;
- Experience in volunteer coordination, organizing, or a related field;
- Comfort working with diverse populations of all ages and backgrounds, including those with special needs;
- Exceptional people skills/unending patience;
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently to achieve short, medium, and long term goals;
- Computer proficiency (including word processing and social media);
- Good writing skills;
- Comfort speaking in front of/directing individuals and groups, both small and large
- Spanish and/or other language skills;
- Bicycle mechanic experience;
- Web database management experience;
- Familiarity with MailChimp/similar email programs;
- Existing connections within the Greater Cleveland cycling community;
- Experience with OCBC as a volunteer, member, and/or student
Our ideal candidate would have volunteer coordination AND bicycle shop mechanic experience. A primary goal is to develop systems to efficiently utilize volunteers to perform more of our bicycle refurbishing work (with staff oversight and inspection, of course), which will make volunteering more rewarding for both our volunteers and OCBC.
This position is full-time, with flextime for holidays and health coverage. The starting salary is $22,000. This is expected to be a permanent position. Hours are somewhat flexible, but our posted open shop hours will usually be required along with some other evenings and weekends for special events.
***Application period for this position is now closed. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!***
|< Prev||Next >|