For years the Ohio City Bicycle Co-op has helped people use bikes to attend large public events like Burning River Fest or Parade the Circle by parking and watching their bikes in a secure, convenient location, and assisting with minor on-the-spot repairs as needed.
We also rent semi-secure portable racks and streamlined this service so that it can be administered by event organizers' staff or volunteers, or even offered as a self-park if demand is small but secure bike locking spots are scarce.
This service helps organizers produce events that are more attractive to cyclists and safer for all, by providing an organized, designated area for bike parking.
Valet bike parking makes events more attractive by:
- reducing traffic jams and congested car parking for all event attendees
- giving those who already cycle to the event a more welcoming experience
- accommodating those who may not attend at all because of car (or bike) parking hassles
- encouraging cyclists to stay longer at events knowing their bikes, helmets and cargo are safe
- advertising to the public that the organizers are sensitive to transportation and environmental concerns
Valet bike parking improves event safety and security by:
- offering a solution to bikes parked haphazardly where they can obstruct pedestrian traffic
- reducing potential for bicycle/pedestrian crashes and conflicts in crowded areas
- giving security staff a diplomatic answer to cyclists riding among pedestrians
- eliminating bike theft and vandalism, and damage to grounds
- freeing event staff for other tasks
For longer events, or those that don't need full bike valet service:
For self-parking situations where security is not critical, we can rent our racks for $10ea./day, and $50/trip delivery (each rack holds up to 15 bicycles). For events with longer duration and few peak times, we can, in addition to rack rental, also train the event organizer's staff/volunteers on how to provide a hybrid, "ticketed self-park" service which offers more security than self-parking, with minimal labor compared to a full valet service.
To inquire about our Valet Bike Parking service or rack rental please email Info@OhioCityCycles.org.
|< Prev||Next >|