Updated March 3, 2021
We are grateful for our dedicated staff and board, and the few key volunteers who have been so essential to our mission to “help people use bicycles” during the Covid-19 pandemic. Here is what we have done, and are continuing to do, to serve the community and protect public health until the risk of contagion is past:
- We continue to refurbish bicycles, and make them available for sale in our new online shop, ohiocitycycles.org/onlineshop We still provide test rides and proper fitting advice when you visit to pick up your bike, and have a liberal exchange/return policy if it is not exactly what you need.
- We continue educating and assisting the public with our Bike basics and Learn to ride classes; safely distanced, mechanical advice during bike service assessments; by providing bikes and materials to schools and other partners for remote programs; and assisting individuals with walk-up requests when needed. (So please make an appointment for purchase or service requests through our online shop if you are able, to leave some “breathing time” in our system for someone who is not able to: thanks!).
- We continue to accept bicycle donations, but limited to only those we can refurbish for use. Please email a photo of your bike donation to email@example.com to confirm we are able to accept, and get a drop-off appointment.
Unfortunately, to ensure the strictest public health measures:
- Personal shop use is still unavailable. We now offer repair service to make bikes safe and reliable; past volunteers can use their Shop Credits for parts, and we offer a Pay what you can policy for anyone in need.
- Open, drop-in volunteering is also not possible. However, we are experimenting with Take-home volunteer tasks, so keep an eye out for those announcements as we develop that process. We also have room for a small number of skilled volunteers to help us refurbish bikes for the community: if you have taken our Tune up class series, or have professional skills to contribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person shopping is limited to items requested online, which we make available in our open dock area, with an appointment.. Browsing in the parts room is not available.
- We will not be allowing the public inside our facility until doing that is safe for all concerned; so we are interacting with patrons outside, in our lot, and on the covered dock entrance to our building. We appreciate your understanding.