We are grateful for our dedicated staff, board of directors, and key volunteers who have been so essential to our mission to “help people use bicycles” during the Covid-19 pandemic. Here is what we have done, and are continuing to do, to serve the community today, and going forward.
- OCBC is available for sales and service by appointment only, Thursday through Saturday 12-5pm.
- Sundays we are available from 12-5pm for limited services until Labor day, no appointment needed. limited services include quick fixes and adjustments, flat repairs, shopping on our dock, and wayfinding.
- Check out our public calendar to see when we are out in the community!
- We continue to refurbish bicycles, and make them available for sale in our new online shop, ohiocitycycles.org/onlineshop We still provide test rides and proper fitting advice when you visit to pick up your bike, and have a liberal exchange/return policy if it is not exactly what you need.
- We continue educating and assisting the public with our Bike basics and Learn to ride classes; safely distanced, mechanical advice during bike service assessments; by providing bikes and materials to schools and other partners for remote programs; and assisting individuals with walk-up requests when needed. (So please make an appointment for purchase or service requests through our online shop if you are able, to leave some “breathing time” in our system for someone who is not able to. thanks!).
- We continue to accept bicycle donations, but limited to only those we can refurbish for use. Please email a photo of your bike donation to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we are able to accept, and get a drop-off appointment.
Until We can build back our capacity, some programs and services continue to look a little different.
- For the time being, personal shop use is still unavailable. We now offer repair service to make bikes safe and reliable; past volunteers can use their Shop Credits for parts, and we offer a Pay what you can policy for anyone in need. We do anticipate offering an personal shop use experience in the future, date TBD.
- Open, drop-in volunteering will not be returning, however, we are have room for a small number of skilled volunteers to help us refurbish bikes for the community, and help maintain day to day operations. if you have taken our Tune up class series, or have professional skills to contribute, please contact email@example.com.
- In-person shopping is limited to items available in our open spaces, or requested online, by appointment only. If you’d like to make a request for parts, or a special appointment to browse for something special, please visit ohiocitycycles.org/requests