OCBC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, so any donations are tax deductible. We have immediate need of several pieces of equipment, and ongoing need for supplies that we use frequently:
Supplies and Materials
- 5 gal. buckets
- Rubbermaid-type tubs (large, with lids if possible!)
- Sturdy, heavy-duty shelf units
- Rubbing alcohol, Dawn dish detergent (and foaming dispensers), and Simple Green or similar bio-based degreaser (or regular, economical sources [or a local sponsor!] for these staple cleaners).
- Work gloves of all kinds and sizes.
- Wire brushes in good condition (brass, stainless, and plain steel).
- Single edge, and standard box-cutter razor blades (used are ok, if reasonably sharp).
- Scrap lumber: 2x4s and 2x6s at least 2′ long; 1x6s at least 5′ long; 3/4″ plywood at least 2’x3′
- a good FM antenna
- Ryobi cordless 18v drill batteries
- Metric combination wrenches (all sizes from 6mm to 19mm)
- Cotton rags (clean socks, t-shirts and old towels are great; bed sheets are not)
- Used green scrubbies (yes, those dish scrub-pads; we use them for cleaning chrome, and used ones are actually better than new ones as they are a bit less abrasive, and won’t scratch the chrome).
Here is a running list of some of the things we need volunteers to do. If you are interested in doing any of these, please email or stop in.
- Hand-letter signs for the shop.
- Paint metal doors with acrylic paint.
- Repair or install electric lights in our display cases.
- Plant and tend our organic garden.
- Inventory our accessory libraries (of seats, bags, and clip-in shoes and pedals).
- Compile press kits for each of several program areas.
- Market existing (and develop new!) bike-part arts and crafts, locally and on the web.
- Take and upload photos of bikes and parts for sale.
- Organize! If you are meticulous about putting things in their proper places (and ensuring that others can do the same), our Parts Aisle needs you!