- $30/ half day (up to 5 hours, during our open hours)
- $60/day (up to 24 hours*)
- *(additional charge for pick up or drop off may apply during our closed hours)
- To rent a Basic Bike, please email us at email@example.com with the height (or better, leg length) of the rider to confirm availability and speed your pick-up.
- To rent a performance bike, you must contact us with at least one week notice (preferably more) and provide a (non-refundable) reservation deposit, and your desired cockpit dimensions(at right on this page) so we have time to set the bike up to your specifications (if you need help to determine your bike fit, please ask: we can do this remotely or in person.)
Bike trailers, trail-a-bikes and car racks (trunk or receiver-hitch mounted)
Tandems are 1.5 X the applicable (basic or performance) rental fee.
* Daily rentals must be picked up and dropped off, during open hours or by appointment for closed times.
Lock, helmet, lights, and pump/tool kit, are included, if needed. Other accessories available for an additional charge.
We require a rental agreement, and a security deposit that covers the value of the bike. This deposit is $200 for basic bikes, or $500-$2000 for performance bikes.
A deposit (and a valid ID) is required at time of bike pick-up, for the full replacement value of the bike and any accessories, which is refunded upon return of the bike. If the bike is damaged, we will charge costs for parts and repair along with the rental fee.
A check is preferred for the security deposit: we will just staple it to your rental form, and hand it back to you when you return. This saves everyone credit card fees and paperwork.
Rental fees are charged when the bike is returned.
* Rentals can be picked up or returned during our open hours (at the bottom of the page) or other times by appointment (an additional fee may apply, depending on day and time).
Delivery or pick-up is available for $50 within Cuyahoga County, plus $1/mile for travel beyond there.
We don’t charge for fractions of a rental period (i.e. after three weeks the monthly rate is cheaper, so that’s all we’d charge).
When you pick up a Basic bike we’ll help fit your bike and a helmet (if you didn’t bring your own), and have you take our short bike safety quiz while we do a final safety check on your bike — it’s important to us that you know how to ride safely, and that all rentals be running perfectly when they go out — so please leave enough time, especially on Saturdays, when we are quite busy.
Group bike rentals
We rent basic bikes for groups of 5 or more, who can provide their members’ sizes and damage deposits at least two weeks (longer if possible) in advance, and pay the rental fee in one payment at the time of the rental (payment and any damage fees can be invoiced together after the rental for corporate groups). Group rates are $20/half day or $30/day. Delivery is available for up to 50 bikes for $50 per trip anywhere in Cuyahoga County, and beyond for $1/mile additional.
We can also provide Guided tours, with or without bike rentals (rental rates are discounted for guided tours). We can customize a tour of any length, or present a private version of any of our 2-hour, Social ride sightseeing tours of Downtown Cleveland. Guide fees are $200 for the first two hours, and $60/hr after that, for a League Certified Instructor to lead up to 15 riders. Groups need to provide riders’ heights at least 1 week ahead for bike sizing, and, in case of emergency, a cell phone number of someone within 10 min drive of the ride start, available during the ride with a vehicle that can carry at least one bike and rider.
Basic vs. Performance bikes
If you are racing, or touring for a long distance, you probably want a performance bike. If you need a bike for transportation, or a casual ride, a basic bike will do fine.
Basic bikes are older-style mountain bikes with non-suspension forks and thumb shifters, usually outfitted with smoother, street tires. We also have in this fleet some commuter bikes with fenders, racks, lights, etc. for more demanding transportation needs.
Performance racing bikes have either integrated brake/shifters or bar-end shifters (mounted on aerobars or on the drops). We have a few Performance touring bikes, some of which have downtube shifters.
We will select a performance bike with the components you request (as available), and match the fit of your own bike (or one you’re comfortable on), if you provide your bike’s cockpit dimensions, which are the measurements (in centimeters) from:
- the center of the crank, to the top of the seat at its widest point (where your weight is supported most)
- the top of the seat at its widest point, to the center of the handlebar (where it is clamped in the stem)
- the center of the handlebar (where it is clamped in the stem), to the center of the crank
Please include those three measurements and other requirements when you reserve your performance bike. If you don’t supply cockpit dimensions, we will choose a bike that is safe based on your height or leg length (preferred), but can’t allot time for extra fitting or equipping when you pick up the bike.
We can install your own pedals or seat if you bring them in when you pick up the bike, but need a request in advance, with your reservation deposit, for any equipment and accessories you’d like from this list:
Helmet; lock; pump/tool kit; spare tube; seat and/or handlebar bag; lights; fenders; rack; preferred road shifters (STI, Ergo or bar end [on aero bars or drops]); pedals (flat, toe straps, or clip-in [specify cleat type and brand preference]).
For an additional rental fee we can provide/install: racks, fenders, panniers or other bags, aero bars, cycle-computers or high-quality seats (we have a library of most popular brands) or other accessories; and provide shoes for clip-in pedals (again, specify desired cleat type: road or mountain (walkable) style).